Sunday 10 March 2013

Good Food.. Good Times... And Carp On Glass

Well what a weekend it has been.
It started Saturday lunch time when we made our way to the D.A.G Sheep Station, packing the rods, esky and other assorted goodies. We had been invited to some friends family reunion and we had an absolute blast. Being a Scottish gathering it kicked off with haggis which was surprisingly good, and spit roast pork and beef for the main course.
So upon waking I went exploring for a new carp spot. And I found a cracker, clear water, rocky bottom and absolute Brute carp! I was busted off twice before I finally bought one of the smaller fish to hand... Which was one big ass carp! So I'm keen to get back to this spot that's for sure! Oh and did I mention all this was on my 4 weight CTS Quartz and home made reel?
Then it was onto home to get ready and head to Willow Tree to have the best steak in the world hands down from Graze for a combined birthday lunch (my Birthday Tomorrow, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEC DAVIS :) ).
And now I'm sitting here getting the blog up to date high on life and good food, anticipating the weekends to come!!!!
Disclaimer: the turtle was returned to the water, however he is missing his dignity.



























No comments:

Post a Comment